This guide will walk you through configuring the Warpwire plugin within Sakai, so that it is available for all sites
- Login to Sakai as the admin user
- Navigate to the 'Administrative Workspace'
- Click 'External Tools' in the left column navigation menu
- Click the 'Install LTI 1.1 Tool' text link on the far right of the page
- Fill out the External Tool fields as follows:
- Site Id (Leave blank to make tool available in all sites)__ = Leave Blank
- Tool Title (Above the tool)__ = Warpwire
- Allow tool title to be changed__ = Allow
- Choose a custom icon (leave empty to use the default icon)__ = leave empty
- Button Text (Text in tool menu)__ = Warpwire
- Allow button text to be changed__ = Do not allow
- Description__ = leave blank
- Tool Status__ = Enabled
- Tool Visibility__ = Visible
- Launch URL__ = [YOUR_DOMAIN].waprwire.com/api/ltix/
(Note: this has changed from previous versions, be sure to include the x and the trailing slash!)
- Allow launch URL to be changed__ = Allow
- Launch Key__ = this will be provided by Warpwire
- Allow launch Key to be changed__ = Do not allow
- Launch Secret__ = this will be provided by Warpwire
- Allow launch secret to be changed__ = Do not allow
- Frame Height__ = leave blank
- Tool Order (Only valid for tools placed in all sites)__ = leave blank
- Allow frame height to be changed__ = Allow
- Configuration dialog when tool is selected__ = Bypass configuration dialog
- Privacy settings__ = check both boxes
- Services__ = check the following:
- 'Allow External Tool to return grades,'
- 'Provide roster to external tool,'
- 'Allow External Tool to store settings data'
- Indicate the following types of Content Item Selection launches this tool can handle [...]__ = Select the first three boxes:
- 'Allow the tool to be launched as a link (this is typically true for most tools),'
- 'Allow external tool to configure itself (the tool must support the IMS Content-Item message),'
- 'Allow the tool to be used from the rich text content editor to select contenet (the tool must support the IMS Content-Item message)
- Launch in Popup__ = Never launch in Popup
- Debug Launch__ = Never launch in debug mode
- Custom Parameters__ = leave blank
- SHA-256 Signature Support__ = Sign Launch with SHA-256
- LTI 1.3 Support__ = Tool does not support LTI 1.3
- lti13_settings__ = leave blank
- Splash Screen__ = Leave blank
- Hit "Save"
Here are screenshots of what the interface looks like in Sakai 12, for reference:
Once the Warpwire plugin has been installed at the instance-wide Administration Workspace level, instructors can turn the tool on for any given course.
See also: Warpwire's Sakai Login Script and Turn on Warpwire for your course in Sakai.